We are hiring a medical writer to maximise the impact of medical information for our clients, healthcare professionals, patients and the general public.
We’re looking for someone with
- A strong scientific background and experience in medical communications including writing and editing.
- A critical eye to identify, appraise and cite quality, reliable medical information and research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate complex scientific information clearly and accurately for a range of audiences.
- Creativity and technical ability to deliver briefs in innovative and imaginative ways.
- A commitment to ongoing learning around developments in treatments, therapy areas, regulation, healthcare and science.
- A commitment to quality and accuracy in all work.
- Open, honest and collaborative working practices at all times.
- Great interpersonal skills to liaise with and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and agility to manage workloads and react to changes in project and business priorities.
- A strong work ethic and drive to deliver high-quality work.
- Attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Develop a wide range of written materials according to client and business need.
- Support all areas of the business with medical writing including but not limited to:
- Drafting advisory board reports
- White papers
- Consensus documents
- Slide decks
- Medical resources
- Patient information
- Research and understand specific therapy areas, brands and treatments, as required.
- Effectively manage workload, timelines, ABPI Code of Practice requirements and client specifications.
- Ensure all work is delivered to a high standard, accurate, up-to-date, fully referenced, on brief and on time.
- Keep all stakeholders updated on progress.
- Liaise with clients and medical professionals, attending meetings and events.
- Life sciences graduate (ideally biomedical), PhD preferred.
- Minimum 5 years medical writing experience, preferably agency side, but client side will be considered.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceuticals, science and medicine, the healthcare environment and medical education
- Some publishing experience is a benefit.
- Experience of MS Office, Teamwork, Teams.
All locations considered as we are currently working remotely due to COVID.
Office hours are 9 to 5, Monday to Friday.
Flexible working considered.
Good benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical insurance and pension.
Friendly and supportive team.
Open and honest working environment.